Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

I stole this recipe from Giada from the food network and, yes, made it a lil better! My husband did, actually. Yes, I am a lucky lady to have married a man that can cook.
He's handsome, too.

Ingredients

  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan 
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 375. Dig through your cupboards for 3 pork-chop-sized vessels to dip your pork chops in. I used bowls. If I had pie tins or pie plates like Giada recommended, I would've used those. Anyway, whisk your 2 eggs in one bowl.  Put your cheeses in another bowl. And put your bread crumbs in the last bowl.

Coat the chops with some salt and pepper. Then dip them in the cheese. I know it sounds backwards, but it actually worked quite well. Make sure they're well coated in cheese. Giada just used parmesan cheese, but we used mozzarella too because we didn't have enough parmesan left. And I think it was even better, but I didn't have it the other way. After coating in cheese, dip them in the egg, then coat completely in bread crumbs.

Spray a baking dish that is big enough to hold your chops with non-stick spray. Put the chops in the dish. Put the dish in the oven. We only made 3 pork chops so we cooked them for about 30 minutes. I like to use the digital meat thermometer to make sure we get it to the correct temperature. If you cook 4 chops, I imagine it could take 40 minutes, but just keep an eye on it and make sure it reaches at least 160 degrees.

Here is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment